The BSAC Member Only Forums   BSAC Website
Home Take me to... Register FAQ Calendars Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BSAC Scuba Diving Forums > Members Forums > The Archives : Our old forums (Read Only) > In Depth (Archive)

Old 17-03-2003, 04:17
Bill

Flying after diving

I'm not a BSAC diver, but am curious if the organization is considering updating the No-fly times on the BSAC tables. I have had the tables explained to me and it appears that they are saying it is safe to fly after a four hour surface interval. In light of the new evidence from DAN studies and anlaysis is that in the process of changing?
Old 17-03-2003, 09:44
petem

Re: Flying after diving

Quote:
I'm not a BSAC diver, but am curious if the organization is considering updating the No-fly times on the BSAC tables. I have had the tables explained to me and it appears that they are saying it is safe to fly after a four hour surface interval. In light of the new evidence from DAN studies and anlaysis is that in the process of changing?

I don't have a set of tables to hand but I think you might have miss interpreted them. IIRC They say that you should not fly on anything higher than a code B and preferably wait until your on a code A, to get back to an A it takes about four hours from a trivial dive resulting in a SC of D

Pete
Old 18-03-2003, 00:50
Tony M

Re: Flying after diving

Quote:

I was always taught that you should wait 24 hours before flying which I still belive is very sound advice. Just looking at the surface interval table for level 1, in the worst case it will take you only 4 hour to reach table B from a surfacing code of G but a full 16 Hours to reach table A. Remember everyone de-gas at diffrent rates. I would prefer not to squeeze in that last dive and risk flying on a table B, if you where wrong you could say good bye to diving in the future!