The BSAC Member Only Forums   BSAC Website
Home Take me to... Register FAQ Calendars Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BSAC Scuba Diving Forums > Members Forums > The Archives : Our old forums (Read Only) > Travel Club (Archive)

Old 14-08-2002, 09:40
joanne rothwell

Diving In Croatia

Hello All!!
Have wanted to add to the Travel Forum for a while now(well ever since I got back off mi hols!!
We went on a holiday to Croatia at the end of June/beginning of July. Although we didn't book it as a specific diving holiday, we fully intended to dive whilst we were over there(taking our qualifications etc with us!)
We were doing a two centre holiday with Transun, the first week on the Island of Korcula, the second in Dubrovnik. Nothing prepared us for the beautiful weather, friendly people, or the warm, clear, 'living' adriatic sea!
The first day, we went snorkelling around the edge of the island and were amazed at the life, both fish and plant life, probably nothing compared to the Red Sea(never been) but fantastic nonetheless!
Although we had researched dive schools over in Croatia, the people we were originally going to Dive with were PADI only-and barely spoke English(which I was a bit nervous about-as far as instructions etc were concerned!)But our rep kindly let us know that not far from where we were staying there was an English guy that had a school.not far from where we were staying!
Steve Collett was the guys name, and very kindly-he came round to our hotel to check out our qualifications(he is a BSAC man!)and to find out what we wanted to do.
We ended up doing 4 guided dives, including one fairly shallow wreck(a skipper had run his large tanker directly into the rocks after consuming a large amount of alchohol!!)
These were my first dives abroad........nearly passed my Sports diver and my partner is an Instructor, also his first dives abroad!!!
If anyone would like to know more about our dives, I'd be happy to tell you a blow by blow account, but my main reason for mailing is to say that it's a wonderful place with alot of deeper wrecks, sealife, and also a very cheap but gorgeous place to stay.
We are planning to go back there purely for a dive holiday in the future, and when Steve has added some more wrecks to his repetoire(which he is working on at the moments)
He told us that he was planning to exhibit at this years dive show, if anyone wants to check it out!!!!!
Cheers!
Jo
;-)
Old 14-08-2002, 11:45
Bill Bird

Re: Diving In Croatia

Jo,

I have a young man in my office who wants to organise a try dive in Croatia while on hols, and if you could let me have details of the gent involved I'll try to point him in that direction.

Any other comments re: diving establishments in Croatia would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Bill
Old 29-08-2002, 14:18
joanne rothwell

Quote:
Jo,

I have a young man in my office who wants to organise a try dive in Croatia while on hols, and if you could let me have details of the gent involved I'll try to point him in that direction.

Hi Bill,
The guy's details are listed below.

Croatia Diving
Steve Collett
Dupin d.o.o
PP101,
20260 Korcula
Croatia
Tel: 00 385 (0) 98 812 496
E-mail: <a href="mailto:croatia_diving@hotmail.com">croatia_d iving@hotmail.com</a>

Quote:
Any other comments re: diving establishments in Croatia would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Bill

Sorry it's took so long to get back to you, but I've been moving house/diving etc-so I hope this is handy??
I'm at work at the moment, but as soon as I get some info-I'll let you know what I've heard about the places to dive!!!!
Cheers!
Jo
;-)
Old 03-09-2002, 10:43
Bill Bird

Jo,

Thanks very much for info. Have passed it onto the guy in question.

Regards.

Bill

Quote:
:=Jo,
:=
:=I have a young man in my office who wants to organise a try dive in Croatia while on hols, and if you could let me have details of the gent involved I'll try to point him in that direction.

Hi Bill,
The guy's details are listed below.

Croatia Diving
Steve Collett
Dupin d.o.o
PP101,
20260 Korcula
Croatia
Tel: 00 385 (0) 98 812 496
E-mail: <a href="mailto:<a href="mailto:croatia_diving@hotmail.com">croatia_d iving@hotmail.com</a>"><a href="mailto:croatia_diving@hotmail.com">croatia_d iving@hotmail.com</a></a>

:=Any other comments re: diving establishments in Croatia would be much appreciated.
:=Regards.
:=Bill

Sorry it's took so long to get back to you, but I've been moving house/diving etc-so I hope this is handy??
I'm at work at the moment, but as soon as I get some info-I'll let you know what I've heard about the places to dive!!!!
Cheers!
Jo
;-)